Savannah Map
Contact
Random
Our Travel Books
Advertising / Press

Laurel Grove Cemeter(ies) »« Old Sheldon Church

The Lady Chablis at Club One

Read our book on Savannah here

Alright, we did it. The show was too expensive and rather bad, as we suspected it would be. Still, we couldn’t leave Savannah without seeing the Lady Chablis at least once.

Lady Chablis

She was the highlight of Saturday night’s two-hour long drag show at Club One. The Lady, who makes her home in Columbia SC, waltzed onto the stage after five other drag queens of varying quality had performed. One of them didn’t know any of the lyrics to the song she was lip-syncing, and that song was Aretha’s Think! Which everyone knows! But whatever: the crowd (middle-aged, white, Mid-Western) was there only to see Miss You-Know-Who.

And Chablis didn’t disappoint. Her act was short, but fun. She looks great; lithe and elegant, and her sassy, dirty banter was hilarious and mildly shocking. She’s a true character, and it’s obvious why John Berendt wanted her in his novel, and Clint Eastwood wanted her in his film.

But let’s cut to the chase. All you really want to know is: would I hit that? The answer is: Yes. Yes, I would totally hit that.

ACH! I’m just joking! Of course I wouldn’t.*

Her Official Website
Hiding My Candy: The Autobiography of the Grand Empress of Savannah
Location on our Savannah Map

Club One Savannah
Hidden Candy
Chablis
Lady Chablis
The-Grand-Empress-of-Savannah
Hiding My Candy

Other Posts You Might Like from Savannah ...and Macedonia
The Savannah History MuseumOld Town Trolley ToursFort Pulaski - The South's Not So Invincible StrongholdMaking Pita at the Oreov Lad
, , , , , , ,
January 25, 2011 at 5:23 pm
17 comments »
  • January 25, 2011 at 5:41 pmBecca

#1- I find it amusing that the crowd was Mid-Westerns! Represent!

#2- I literally lol’ed with the ‘hit that’ comment. Bravo.

• January 25, 2011 at 5:45 pmJuergen

You are fast!

• January 25, 2011 at 5:43 pmAllison Mol

Funny how it seems she has the Forrest Gump way of posing for pictures! lol

• January 25, 2011 at 5:46 pmJuergen

I wish she would have just posed for me – would have loved spending 30 minutes with her just to take her picture.

• January 26, 2011 at 9:52 amAlana

I wish the Lady had performed the entire show! It felt way too short. Although the other ladies were quite entertaining.

• January 27, 2011 at 2:46 pmDave

I had the same experience – the show was mildly entertaining, but Chablis was fantastic…even for the short amount of time she performed. There were some rednecks in the audience that night, too, and she made short work of them. Loved the asterik!

• June 10, 2011 at 12:54 pmNick

Edited! Too much hate!

• July 24, 2011 at 1:26 amLady Chablis’ Biggest Fan

Nick,
    Are you mad or are you jealous? Stop hating!  There is absolutely nothing about this lady that stinks.  Be honest; everyone knows you wish you could be HER!  LOL!

• May 19, 2012 at 7:03 pmjmarm

Two of us ( more than middle-aged and female) ditched our group going to olde lady dinner and attended The Lady’s show.  My friend said that it was the hi-lite of our 8 day trip.  Not only is “The Doll” entertaining, she is (besides being charmingly naughty) very kind to those that she approaches in the audience.  Go see her.

• June 15, 2012 at 11:06 amRuby (Daughtry)Jackson

I gave Lady Chablis a place to lay her head, during my college days at FSU.  She was my dear friend.  I am trying to reconnect and I would love for this message to be relayed to her.  My plans are to come to one of her shows very soon.  If by chance, you read this, girl I would love to see you.   Remember me Ruby Daughtry 850-376-3260.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

• July 17, 2012 at 11:22 amBonnie Johnson

I am going to be in Savannah for a conference in spring of 2014 and would love to see her show.  Does she still perform at The One?  Would love any information.

• August 3, 2013 at 5:49 pmJus

She performs about once a month at Club One in Savannah. Her schedule is posted on their website. She is there tonight, 8/3/2013.

• October 27, 2012 at 5:36 pmB.J Of Chicago Il

I would like to come to Savannah Ga. in Dec 29 threw 31 will she be at Club One ?

• December 28, 2012 at 3:40 pmsharon

Doll, u are much to much!!  I loved you in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, and I will be visiting Savannah and plan on seeing your performance!!! Can’t wait!!!!!  You made that movie!

• April 7, 2013 at 3:24 pmSofia

Love love love this women!!!  Would live to see her show someday!

• December 30, 2013 at 1:43 ammarlena

Just watched her on Atlanta Housewives is Ms. Lady sick she look so thin.

• January 30, 2014 at 2:21 pmTenesia Johnson

Love you in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. You portray yourself excellent and grand .Love how you stated the Doll is here

Don't be Shy, Leave a Comment!